Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What benefits will I have using Browzwear line of products and virtual prototyping?
- Fewer physical samples
- Reduced lead time
- More possibilities to explore different designs without additional costs.
- Enhanced cooperation between patternmakers and designers, internally or at remote locations
- Earlier client involvement in the design process
- Enhanced communication in house and enhanced communication between the brands to the manufacturers
- Better focused collections, quickly moving into production
- Innovative presentation and merchandising tools
- Fewer salesman samples
- Reducing waste of materials – Greener world
Q: How soon will I achieve ROI?
- The ROI varies according to the number of seats and style of garments being made with VStitcher™. However, in most cases it is takes less than a year per seat
Q: Which lines of product can benefit using Virtual prototyping?
- Seamless garments
Browzwear line of products
Q: For whom in the product life-cycle are Browzwear’s applications best suited for?
- Every department, involved in every stage of the product life-cycle, benefits from using Browzwear’s applications merchandising, Marketing, buyers, development, LO’s, factories and fabric mills.
- We have products for every category of users.
- VStitcher™ – Best suited for Patternmakers and designers who need to create new garments and work on the design as well as the pattern of the garments
- V-Styler™ – Best suited for Designers who wish to work on the design and colorways of garments without changing the pattern themselves or stitching new garments
- V-Viewer™ – Best suited for Merchandisers, LO’s and upper management who wish to view and comment on the collection
Q: What is the difference between VStitcher™, VStyler™ and VViewer™?
- VStitcher™ is the main application with all modules available. It is best suited for patternmakers and designers who need to create or modify both pattern and design.
- VStyler™ is a designer’s tool, providing the freedom to play with the design of textures, fabrics and styles with immediate, life-like, 3D imaging.
- V-Viewer™ is communication and collaboration tool, specially designed to meet the needs of LO offices, managers, and buyers involved in the collection creation.
Q: What is the difference between the standard and the professional editions of VStitcher™/ VStyler™?
- The professional edition has all the features of the standard edition plus these modules:
- 3D notes
- Custom Camera positions
- Smoothing – Smooth, relax and subdivision of the garment’s mesh post simulation
- Export Avatars to 3ds – option to export the garment and the avatar to a 3DS file format
- Hi Resolution avatars – option to use smoother avatars
- Smooting for prof. VStitcher & VStyler.
Browzwear Training and Support Services
Q: Is there a Training process that browzwear conducts?
- Basic training is being conducted upon first purchase
- VStitcher™ – Basic training lasts 5 days
- VStyler™ – Basic training lasts 3 days
- V-Viewer™ – A few hours via a web conference
- Advanced training is recommended after 3 months of work
- Focused Web-conference training sessions are available per request.
- Training to factories in the Far East is conducted by local agency in the users mother tongue
- Along with the training materials, we provide easy to understand tutorials and manuals that facilitate the learning process.
Q: What is the average learning curve of VStitcher™?
- Through daily use, the average user achieves basic proficiency within a month and skilled mastery in about 3 months.
Q: What does VStitcher™’s support contract include?
- Browzwear’s comprehensive customer support provides on-going support via phone, email and web conferences.
- Within the support contract two free upgrades are given per year
- Browzwear’s main support is in English but we have local supporters in most countries worldwide.
Q: Does VStitcher™ run on Mac?
- At the moment VStitcher™ runs only on PC
Q: Does VStitcher™ work with all CAD systems?
- Yes, VStitcher™ integrates with all CAD systems currently on the market through a simple exchange of DXF files.
Also featuring a direct interface with Gerber AccuMark is available.
Q: What are the Hardware/OS requirements?
- Processor speed: Intel i7 or Xeon E series, Quad core
- RAM: 8 GB or higher
- Available hard disk space: Minimum 10 GB
- Graphic card (Dedicated): NVIDIA, mid range cards (GTX family) with at least 2G RAM, DirectX 9.0c – Shader Model 3.0 compatible
- Supported Operating System: Windows 7 (32 bits/64bits) , recommended 64-bits
Q: What is the content of the installation CD?
- On the installation CD you will find:
- Library of virtual garments
- Bank of textures (fabrics, seams & attachments)
- 100 predefined fabrics are included in the default database
Q: Is VStitcher™ available in other languages besides English?
- Yes, It is currently available in:
* If additional languages are needed, Browzwear will provide the source files for translation.
Q: How many basic avatars are there?
- 14 avatars included – a man, a male youth, a baby, a boy, a girl, Teenage girl, male & female dress forms, a woman, a large woman, a young woman, a young African American woman, a young Asian woman and a sample custom made male avatar
Q: What is a custom-made avatar?
- Avatar specially made by Browzwear’s 3D artists to meet the customer’s specifications. It is based on 3D scans of the required model.
Q: Is it possible to change the color of hair, skin etc?
- 29 Skin tones are available as well as 35 different hairstyles from which the user can choose
Working with VStitcher™
Q: n which file formats is it possible to import and export?
- 2D: DXF (AAMA format), Gerber models (Requires Accumark interface).
- 3D: 3DS (Avatars, shoes, hats, etc.)
- 2D Pattern: DXF, JPEG, BMP, Images: JPEG, BMP.
- 3D: 3DS, FBX (outfit, custom made avatars), BWO (outfit, avatars) Flash movies (outfit, avatars)
Q: Can I benefit from using VStitcher™ if I don’t have patternmakers or a CAD System?
- Yes- All you need is a digital pattern (Many factories can supply you with digital patterns).
- Our products are suited to integrate with various corporate structures and different categories of users (patternmakers, designers, merchandisers and managers). In a case in which patternmakers are not employed, companies may use V-Styler™ and allow the factories to work with VStitcher™
Q: How reliable is VStitcher™ in giving fit indications?
- The basic fit, which is the volume of the garment, its size, its length, its style lines and its proportions with relation to the model is 95% accurate. Added to this, is the tension and pressure maps, which provide further fit information.
- The virtual garment reduces substantially the number of physical samples but it does not replace the need for a final physical sample.
Q: Am I going to lose information when I export the file back to my CAD system?
- All the information that was originally included in the DXF file exported to VStitcher™ will be returned in the same condition to the CAD system.
Q: Can VStitcher™ create a pattern from my drawing on the 3D window?
- Lines drawn in 3D appear on the pattern and allow modifying the current garment, or using them as guide lines for creating new styles, but they do not form a pattern.
Q: Can adjustments be made to the garment after the simulation?
- All design adjustments can be applied to the simulated garment
Q: What are the marketing output that can be produced by VStitcher™?
- Flash sequences
- 2-D images
- BWO -3D Browzwear Object
- Standard 3D format 3DS and FBX
- 3D PDF
Q: Do I need to have VStitcher™ on my PC in order to view 3D Browzwear Objects (BWO)?
- For viewing BWOs you need only a free BWO viewer plug-in installed
Q: Are there any Additional services that Browzwear can provide:
- Custom made avatars made from 3D scanned bodies
- Accessories – VStitcher™ comes with a predefined set of accessories (hats, eye glasses and shoes).
- Special objects can be created by Browzwear’s 3D artists by request as a service.
- Animations may be created as a service
- Custom made 3D environment
Q: What else can i find Among the software’s features?
- Fabric thickness – VStitcher™ is capable of presenting fabric thickness.
- Visualization of textures in the inner side of the garments:
- Textures such as labels and prints
- You may also explore the inner side of the garment for fit.
- Support for color libraries (pantones)
- Fixed Camera Position which enables you to switch quickly between predefined 3D viewpoints, or designate a desired angle. The quick camera positions relate to the 3D model. The start point is facing the avatar. All positions selected will keep the current zoom level.
- A smocking tool that enables the creation and modification of a smocking effect quickly and easily
- Use 3D Notes to improve communication.
You can attach 3D notes to a garment or an avatar. i.e. pinpoint exact positions for collaborators to Browse 3D notes (the notes are viewed in 360 degrees)
and Append additional comments to an existing note.
These notes are saved & loaded with the garment file.